Boy Scout SCUBA Adventures
The sport of SCUBA diving combines the Scouting values of physical fitness, environmental awareness, international citizenship, and outdoor adventures. At One World Dive & Travel, we support the Scouting mission of developing these traits to create active, responsible, and adventurous leaders of the future. With both merit badge counselors and scoutmasters on our staff—with over ten years of experience volunteering for Denver Area Council—no shop in Colorado has more insider knowledge on helping your Scouts discover the world of SCUBA diving.
Open Water SCUBA Certification
Special pricing on any of our regularly scheduled class & pool training sessions
All four required open water dives to complete your PADI Open Water certification
All required study and prep materials
SCUBA gear needed for pool training
Free rental gear for Open Water dives
Discount on retail purchases
Processing and certification fees to PADI
There are 3 steps to our Boy Scout program for Open Water SCUBA Certification.
1) Knowledge Development ~ You can get started learning to dive right now and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning system. This interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
2) Class & Pool Training ~ Develop your SCUBA skills with your instructor in the pool and solidify your dive theory in the classroom. For your troop's convenience, we offer classes multiple times per month here at our retail facility in our on-site, heated, salt-water pool.
3) Open Water Dives ~ The final step of your certification is to complete 4 open water dives to show yourself and your instructor your competency as a diver. In the summer months, we offer these dives at Aurora Reservoir. In the winter, dives are available in the geothermal hot springs of Homestead Crater.
Contact us for our current Boy Scout pricing.
Prerequisite: Scouts must be at least 10 years of age or older.
You need adequate swimming skills and should be in good physical health.
"Life without adventure would be deadly dull"
~Lord Baden Powell
SCUBA MERIT BADGEThe BSA SCUBA Merit Badge is a great way for you and your troop to develop a lifelong hobby of adventure, physical fitness, environmental awareness and better global citizenship. Our on-staff merit badge counselor and instructors can help you and your troop, patrol or crew complete both your SCUBA certification and all the requirements you need for the Merit Badge.
- First aid pre-requirements
- Show that you know first aid for specified injuries that may occur in conjunction with SCUBA diving
- Understand and demonstrate a knowledge of CPR including proper technique.
- Earn the Swimming merit badge.
- Discuss the Scuba Diver's Code with your merit badge counselor, and explain the importance of each guideline to a scuba diver's safety.
- Earn an Open Water Diver Certification.
- Explain what an ecosystem is, and describe four aquatic ecosystems a diver might experience.
- Find out about three career opportunities in the scuba industry. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor and explain why this profession might interest you.
- After completing requirements 1 & 2, contact us to get your troop signed up for our Merit Badge program and we can help you complete the rest.
SCUBA Merit Badge sessions are free to One World Dive & Travel students. After finishing requirements 1 & 2, contact us to schedule your Merit Badge workshop with our on-staff counselor.
Discover SCUBA NightsLooking for a fun team building or social activity for your Pack, Troop, Patrol, or Crew? A Discover SCUBA class is a perfect fit!
Boy Scout special just $30/person
Some age restrictions apply. Contact us to discuss your groups needs or to schedule your event.
High Adventure Trips
Start preparing for your troops Sea Base trip by completing your Open Water SCUBA Certification. We can make sure your crew is ready for a week of making lifelong memories in Islamorada.
Contact us for current pricing.
Private Swim Lessons
Our swim instructors work with all ages and abilities. Through our private lesson program, we've helped students not only learn to love the water, but to go from standing in the shallow end to diving in the ocean.
Contact us for current private rate pricing and scheduling.