Danube River Trip
September 10 - 21, 2019
Let the Danube River be your guide from Prague to Passau, Vienna to Bratislava and on to Budapest. Pedal through the Bavarian Forest. Stroll among baroque architecture. Sample local beer and wine. And discover tucked-away hamlets. Then luxuriate on board the ship as it carries you to your next adventure. We'll have the chance to:
- Cycle with locals amid a medley of landscapes as you pedal on the scenic Donauradweg (Danube bike path)
- Spin through the vineyards, orchards and villages of the Wachau Valley, beloved for its grüner veltliners and rieslings
- Experience the ever-changing views from your luxurious stateroom, knowing that you only have to unpack once
- Linger in Prague and Budapest, our captivating gateway cities that teem with dazzling sights, culture and cuisine.
The trip includes the use of bicycles throughout the trip. You can choose a road bike, touring bike or electronic assist bike. There will be full support
during the bicycle tours including guides and vans to ensure you have the best day possible.
In addition, we will be spending two nights prior to the river trip in Prague to explore this famous city and its amazing architecture. We will finish the trip off with one night in the World Heritage city of Budapest.
for more information.
‣ 7 nights on AMA Waterways River Boat
‣ Use of bicycles (road bike, touring bike or e-bike) during River Trip with multiple bike routes daily
‣ Shore activities during River Trip
‣ Meals during River Trip & some beverages
‣ Port Fees
‣ Group leaders, Bike Guides and River Boat staff
‣ Gratuities for River Boat staff and local guides
What’s Not Included
‣ International airfare
‣ Airport transfers
‣ 2 nights in Prague
‣ 1 night in Budapest
‣ Meals and beverages not listed
‣ Gratuities for Bike Guides
‣ Additional activities/excursions
‣ Travel Insurance
TRIP PRICE: from $6,870
(price is per person, based on double occupancy)