Underwater Naturalist Course
The PADI Underwater Naturalist course is designed to introduce you to the underwater aquatic environment and help develop safe and responsible interaction with aquatic life. One World Dive & Travel outstanding slide show, lecture sessions and open water training dives will teach you more about the diving environment while achieving the Underwater Naturalist Specialty rating.
* 1 classroom session approximately 4 hrs in length.
* 2 open water dives or 1 open water dive if student has completed 1 Underwater Naturalist dive during Advanced Open Water certification.
* Basic overview of major aquatic life groupings
* Aquatic life interactions and associations as they relate to the diver
* Techniques used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Underwater Naturalist course. Open water dives are available during one of our group trips.
* 1 class session
* Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor
* Tanks, weights and weight belt
* 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items and equipment rentals excluded.)
* PADI certification fee
* Diving gear for open water dives. May be rented during the course.